Topics

Steering racks for SN, SM & 54

This is to notify you that SAV"at"Amel.fr will have the steering racks available to ship in a few weeks. I understand that they have them, and are currently testing the installation.

I would like to point out to everyone that this is really admirable on the part of Amel. When I contacted the US branch of the company that originally made these racks, there was not any desire on their part to make these discontinued racks available. I am not sure if Amel convinced them, or found someone else to make the racks, but in either case, Amel used their expertise and leverage to support owners with a discontinued manufacturer's part that Amel has not used since the last 54 was produced. Among boat builders, I believe this is remarkable. I know that Maud and Thierry were very supportive of all of us.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 

View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

amel46met

Good day Bill
I was wondering if Amel would have the racks for a 1983 Maramu # 125.
Barra De Navidad Mexico
200 miles to go for a circumnavigation !!
Thanks TOM Deasy 

On Feb 7, 2020, at 9:07 AM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

This is to notify you that SAV"at"Amel.fr will have the steering racks available to ship in a few weeks. I understand that they have them, and are currently testing the installation.

I would like to point out to everyone that this is really admirable on the part of Amel. When I contacted the US branch of the company that originally made these racks, there was not any desire on their part to make these discontinued racks available. I am not sure if Amel convinced them, or found someone else to make the racks, but in either case, Amel used their expertise and leverage to support owners with a discontinued manufacturer's part that Amel has not used since the last 54 was produced. Among boat builders, I believe this is remarkable. I know that Maud and Thierry were very supportive of all of us.

Bill

cloudHQ Powered by
cloudHQ

Tom,

I am not sure. I believe that Maramus have the same rack. You should send an email to SAV"@"Amel.fr and ask. Please let me know at email below what they say.

cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 9:53 AM amel46met <onboardaphrodite@...> wrote:
Good day Bill
Barra De Navidad Mexico
Thanks TOM Deasy 

Bill

cloudHQ Powered by
cloudHQ

amel46met

Thanks Bill
On the to do list 
Tom
Aphrodite 

On Feb 9, 2020, at 10:04 AM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Tom,

I am not sure. I believe that Maramus have the same rack. You should send an email to SAV"@"Amel.fr and ask. Please let me know at email below what they say.

cloudHQ Powered by
cloudHQ

Good day Bill
Barra De Navidad Mexico
Thanks TOM Deasy 

Bill

cloudHQ Powered by
cloudHQ

karkauai

Excellent!  We will order one in Martinique to have as a spare.

Thanks
Kent and Iris
SM 243
Kristy
Bahamas heading South

On Feb 9, 2020 11:17 AM, amel46met <onboardaphrodite@...> wrote:
Thanks Bill
On the to do list 
Tom
Aphrodite 

Tom,

cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

Good day Bill
Barra De Navidad Mexico
Thanks TOM Deasy 

Bill

cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

smiles bernard

Hi Tom
It would be great to hear what Amel say about this
My 1985 Maramu has the Morse Commander 401
rack and pinion setup. Perhaps you have the same ?
I took the rack apart a year ago before an ocean passage and it all looked in great shape but I’d certainly consider this as a useful spare to have in the locker !

All the very best

Miles
#162 Maramu

On Sunday, February 9, 2020, 04:18:02 PM GMT, amel46met <onboardaphrodite@...> wrote:

Thanks Bill
On the to do list 
Tom
Aphrodite 

Tom,

cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

Good day Bill
Barra De Navidad Mexico
Thanks TOM Deasy 

Bill

cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

Aras

I too am looking forward to have the steering cables replaced for my Sharki

Aras
S/V Fiasco Sharki #163

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 12:25 PM smiles bernard via Groups.Io <smilesbernard=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Tom
It would be great to hear what Amel say about this
My 1985 Maramu has the Morse Commander 401
rack and pinion setup. Perhaps you have the same ?
I took the rack apart a year ago before an ocean passage and it all looked in great shape but I’d certainly consider this as a useful spare to have in the locker !

All the very best

Miles
#162 Maramu

On Sunday, February 9, 2020, 04:18:02 PM GMT, amel46met <onboardaphrodite@...> wrote:

Thanks Bill
On the to do list 
Tom
Aphrodite 

Tom,

cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

Good day Bill
Barra De Navidad Mexico
Thanks TOM Deasy 

Bill

cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

--
Aras