Steering Wheel Dimensions for new leather cover - AMEL Sharki?

Johannes Schmidt

Dear all,
We followed your experiences with new leather covers for steering wheels with great interest.
Since we also have to change our leather cover, but are currently not on our Sharki and have forgotten to take the measurements, we are looking for your support here.

Does anyone know of you - or can someone take the measurements from the steering wheel of an AMEL Sharki?

  • The Diameter of the wheel
  • The Diameter of the steel tube
  • The Diameter of the spokes at the welding point (Outside of the Wheel)
  • The Diameter of the spokes at 10cm distance from the Outside of the Wheel
Thank you all in advance and kind regards,

Johannes

Mark Erdos

Have you tried contacting Amel for a new wheel cover. They recently provided a new cover for our SM.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us

We followed your experiences with new leather covers for steering wheels with great interest.

Since we also have to change our leather cover, but are currently not on our Sharki and have forgotten to take the measurements, we are looking for your support here.

Does anyone know of you - or can someone take the measurements from the steering wheel of an AMEL Sharki?

  • The Diameter of the wheel
  • The Diameter of the steel tube
  • The Diameter of the spokes at the welding point (Outside of the Wheel)
  • The Diameter of the spokes at 10cm distance from the Outside of the Wheel

Thank you all in advance and kind regards,

Johannes

Johannes Schmidt

Dear Mark,

thank you for that suggestion - yes I did and I‘m still waiting for an answer - therefore I also looked out for alternative providers (which all ask for measurements, of course) ;-)

Do you have any contact details? I just send an inquiry via their Website - Contact Form....?

Kind regards,

Johannes

Gregory Shea

Dear Johannes,
Plese let us know if you receive a reply from Amel SAV.
If they cannot help you, I will be at my boat this weekend and I have a leather wrapped wheel. I can send you photos and dimensions. What is the best private E mail to reach you?

Greg Shea
Sharki 133
Cap des iles
Preveza, Greece