Steering Wheel Dimensions for new leather cover - AMEL Sharki?

Johannes Schmidt

Dear all,
We followed your experiences with new leather covers for steering wheels with great interest.
Since we also have to change our leather cover, but are currently not on our Sharki and have forgotten to take the measurements, we are looking for your support here.

Does anyone know of you - or can someone take the measurements from the steering wheel of an AMEL Sharki?

• The Diameter of the wheel
  • The Diameter of the steel tube
  • The Diameter of the spokes at the welding point (Outside of the Wheel)
  • The Diameter of the spokes at 10cm distance from the Outside of the Wheel
Thank you all in advance and kind regards,

Johannes

Mark Erdos

Have you tried contacting Amel for a new wheel cover. They recently provided a new cover for our SM.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Tahiti, French Polynesia

www.creampuff.us

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Johannes Schmidt
Sent: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 1:42 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Steering Wheel Dimensions for new leather cover - AMEL Sharki?

Dear all,

We followed your experiences with new leather covers for steering wheels with great interest.

Since we also have to change our leather cover, but are currently not on our Sharki and have forgotten to take the measurements, we are looking for your support here.

Does anyone know of you - or can someone take the measurements from the steering wheel of an AMEL Sharki?

• The Diameter of the wheel
  • The Diameter of the steel tube
  • The Diameter of the spokes at the welding point (Outside of the Wheel)
  • The Diameter of the spokes at 10cm distance from the Outside of the Wheel

Thank you all in advance and kind regards,

Johannes

Johannes Schmidt

Dear Mark,

thank you for that suggestion - yes I did and I‘m still waiting for an answer - therefore I also looked out for alternative providers (which all ask for measurements, of course) ;-)

Do you have any contact details? I just send an inquiry via their Website - Contact Form....?

Kind regards,

Johannes

Gregory Shea

Dear Johannes, 
Plese let us know if you receive a reply from Amel SAV. 
If they cannot help you, I will be at my boat this weekend and I have a leather wrapped wheel. I can send you photos and dimensions. What is the best private E mail to reach you?

Greg Shea
Sharki 133
Cap des iles
Preveza, Greece

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Johannes Schmidt <info@...>
Sent: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 1:32 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Steering Wheel Dimensions for new leather cover - AMEL Sharki?

Dear Mark,

thank you for that suggestion - yes I did and I‘m still waiting for an answer - therefore I also looked out for alternative providers (which all ask for measurements, of course) ;-)

Do you have any contact details? I just send an inquiry via their Website - Contact Form....?

Kind regards,

Johannes

Johannes Schmidt

Dear Greg,

Thank you for your message. I will be happy to keep you up to date.
Thank you for that great offer - yes, please send me the  the measurement of the original - so I'm definitely on the safe side.
My e-mail is: js@...

I‘m looking forward to reading from you, have fun in Preveza, we have been there for a few years!

Best regards!

Johannes

Johannes Schmidt

Dear group, I just received the answer from AMEL SAV - unfortunately they do no longer have this leather covers for a SHARKI - and they can not provide any detailed measurements.

So I´ll go for an aftermarket product.

Thanks for your help so far!

Fair winds,

Johannes

Gregory Shea

Johannes,
Didn’t you get my E mail?

Greg Shea
Cap des Iles Sharki 133

On Jun 16, 2021, at 12:45 PM, Johannes Schmidt <info@...> wrote:

Dear group, I just received the answer from AMEL SAV - unfortunately they do no longer have this leather covers for a SHARKI - and they can not provide any detailed measurements.

So I´ll go for an aftermarket product.

Thanks for your help so far!

Fair winds,

Johannes

Johannes Schmidt

Dear Greg,

I did receive your fabulous message and replied to say thanks a lot - didn't you get this?

Please look up your Junk folders too - I recently got messages that I get (false positively) suspected.

Thanks again for your help!

Johannes 

Aras Grinius

Johannes,

Are you still stuck on the dimensions of the wheel?
I can go and measure mine.

Aras 
Sharki #163

On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 3:36 AM Johannes Schmidt <info@...> wrote:
Dear Greg,

I did receive your fabulous message and replied to say thanks a lot - didn't you get this?

Please look up your Junk folders too - I recently got messages that I get (false positively) suspected.

Johannes 

--
Aras Grinius

Johannes Schmidt

Dear Aras,
Thank you for your offer to further support in this matter. I am still a little unsure about the exact diameter of the tube. Do you have a chance to take the dimensions of the tube without a cover - ideally with a caliper? I have found a possible product, so in addition to the exact tube diameter, I mainly need the dimensions of the spokes: The diameter - on the outside - junction point to the circle, as well as the diameter of the spokes 10 cm further inside - as the spokes are conical .

To make things easier, here is the link to the product we're looking for: Skincloshop

Thanks in advance!

Johannes

Many ThanksOn Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 09:01 PM, Aras Grinius wrote:

Johannes,

Aras 
Sharki #163

Dear Greg,

Johannes 

--
Aras Grinius

Aras Grinius

The wheel dimensions I measured are as follows:
Spokes at the hub 38mm
Spokes at the rim 18mm
Rim 24 mm

Leather wrap is 2mm

I hope this helps

Aras 
Sharkli #163 1988

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 3:40 AM Johannes Schmidt <info@...> wrote:
Dear Aras,
Thank you for your offer to further support in this matter. I am still a little unsure about the exact diameter of the tube. Do you have a chance to take the dimensions of the tube without a cover - ideally with a caliper? I have found a possible product, so in addition to the exact tube diameter, I mainly need the dimensions of the spokes: The diameter - on the outside - junction point to the circle, as well as the diameter of the spokes 10 cm further inside - as the spokes are conical .

To make things easier, here is the link to the product we're looking for: Skincloshop

Thanks in advance!

Johannes

Many ThanksOn Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 09:01 PM, Aras Grinius wrote:
Johannes,

Aras 
Sharki #163

Dear Greg,

Johannes 

--
Aras Grinius

--
Aras Grinius

Johannes Schmidt

Dear Aras,

thank you for submitting these measurements - just to be sure as you mentioned the leather - wrap with 2 mm:
Is the rim (and/or the other dimensions) therefore 24mm with or without the leather - or is 24mm already the final (blank) dimension? Typical rim / tube sizes are 22mm, 25mm, 28mm....

Thanks for a short verification!

Johannes

Aras Grinius

bare metal was 22mm [rim] 24 with leather.  ALL dimensions are bare metal.
I think there might be some slight variation during manufacture of the wheel. 

Aras
Sharki #163 1988

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 2:22 AM Johannes Schmidt <info@...> wrote:

Dear Aras,

thank you for submitting these measurements - just to be sure as you mentioned the leather - wrap with 2 mm:
Is the rim (and/or the other dimensions) therefore 24mm with or without the leather - or is 24mm already the final (blank) dimension? Typical rim / tube sizes are 22mm, 25mm, 28mm....

Thanks for a short verification!

Johannes

--
Aras Grinius

Johannes Schmidt

Thank you Aras, I´ll go for that!

Best wishes,

Johannes

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 02:15 PM, Aras Grinius wrote:
Aras