Topics

Storm tactics

Jacob Champness

Oh, I see that you addressed that further down.

Has anyone here added the additional chainplates?  The Maramu has what looks to be a very sturdy and unused pair of chainplates, which I understand is used to hoist each hull into a test tank before launching. (Not sure if the Super Maramu has that as well)   I was thinking that would be a good attachment point, but it leaves the question of how to run the legs of the bridle back to the transom and overboard without chafing.  I'd appreciate any thoughts...

Thanks!
Jacob
Lark, Maramu #42
Mistake Island, Maine

eric freedman

From day one, I have been against sea anchors. Being that they are launched from the bow , you are basically going backwards or standing still.

I was always concerned about the forces on the rudder vs going down wind on a drogue.

Most of them are also a pain to retrieve.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376