Topics

Super maramu max prop

Rob Smith

Hello I am hoping someone can tell me what the correct setup on a max prop for tmd22 engine?

Many thanks
Rob
Foresight
SM #152

Yes,

I believe so. I will send you a private email.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 6:35 AM Rob Smith <robfromcornwall.1966@...> wrote:
Hello I am hoping someone can tell me what the correct setup on a max prop for tmd22 engine?

Many thanks
Rob
Foresight
SM #152

Rob Smith

Thanks Bill

On Mon, 2 Mar 2020, 16:33 CW Bill Rouse, <brouse@...> wrote:
Yes,

I believe so. I will send you a private email.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar
cloudHQPowered by
cloudHQ

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 6:35 AM Rob Smith <robfromcornwall.1966@...> wrote:
Hello I am hoping someone can tell me what the correct setup on a max prop for tmd22 engine?

Many thanks
Rob
Foresight
SM #152

Stephen Davis

Hi Rob,

if you give PYI a call, they are very helpful. They will need to know your engine, type of boat, diameter of the prop, and left hand rotation. I believe the diameter is 21”, but assuming you are out of the water, you can measure to be sure. We re-powered with a Yanmar, and the pitch PYI came up with was exactly correct when we sea trialed it.

Good luck.

Steve Davis
Aloha SM 72
Hawaii

Patrick McAneny

Rob, Take Steves advice and call PYI , ask for Fred Hutchinson ,he knows everything about the Max props, and will answer all your questions . I bought a Max Classic 22" 16 pitch 70 mm shaft and I have a Volvo TMD22a. Fred was very helpful and even advised me in order to save some money ,that I could purchase the prop from Fawcetts Marine in Annapolis ,they are a dealer and can discount the prop ,where PYI cannot.
Good Luck,
Pat
SM Shenanigans