Super Maramu wall lamp shades

Look what I found:
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

VICTOR MOLERO

We refit ours. Easy and cheap. They look good.
Victor 
SM314 Alendoy

Richard May

Victor, when you said "refit", what do you mean?  Looks like you painted, wrapped rope, and re-covered the shade?

I checked stock on the one Bill listed above today 11/12/21- None.   OEM Imtra is out of stock (discontinued) on both that fixture and shade.  Checked half dozen other sites (Apex, Ahoycaptain, RSTmarine, WestMarine, etc.) and nothing.  May be time for whole new fixture.

--
Richard May
SM 477 Avogato

Richard, it is not uncommon to "re-cover" a lampshade. I think that you know Sailrite: 

Creative interior designers do this often:

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Nov 12, 2021 at 3:46 PM Richard May via groups.io <airwisrich2000=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Victor, when you said "refit", what do you mean?  Looks like you painted, wrapped rope, and re-covered the shade?

I checked stock on the one Bill listed above today 11/12/21- None.   OEM Imtra is out of stock (discontinued) on both that fixture and shade.  Checked half dozen other sites (Apex, Ahoycaptain, RSTmarine, WestMarine, etc.) and nothing.  May be time for whole new fixture.

--
Richard May
SM 477 Avogato

Craig Briggs

Richard et al,
Defender's has these for $13.27. Go to defender dot com and search for "Lamp Shades"  I bought 4 a few months ago.
--
Craig Briggs - s/v Sangaris / SN68  Tropic Isle Harbor, FL

Eric Freedman

Hi Craig,

I couldn’t find it. Do you have a link?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io On Behalf Of Craig Briggs
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2021 11:25 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Super Maramu wall lamp shades

Richard et al,
Defender's has these for $13.27. Go to defender dot com and search for "Lamp Shades"  I bought 4 a few months ago.
--

Craig Briggs

Hi Eric,
It's the IMTRA ILSH60150 "Venice" lamp and I'm not finding it on the Defender site now, either. On the Imtra site it says, "Sold Out" - Note: only available while supplies last" and in an earlier post Richard May said it was discontinued and we all may have to look for a different fixture. What a shame as it's the perfect replacement. 

Alan Leslie

The previous owner of Elyse replaced most of these with a rounded glass, which actually looks very smart.
I have a whole bunch of the original shades in a cupboard in the saloon.
I could send them to someone that wanted them, BUT because of Covid, I am in Australia, Elyse is in New Zealand, and I can't get there anytime soon.
BUT anyone that wants them, keep that in mind. ONE day I will be reunited with my beautiful boat.
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437  

karkauai

Hi Alan,
I'd like to have those shades if they are still available.  And would like to see pics of your glass globes if you have any.
Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Kent & Iris
Kristy
SM 243

--
Kent & Iris
KRISTY
SM243

Alan Leslie

Hi Kent,

If I could send them to you I would, but they are on board in New Zealand and I am stuck in Australia!

When I can get back to Elyse I can send them if your still interested.

Meanwhile here is the only pic I can find of the new ones.

Cheers and all the best for Christmas and the New Year

Alan
Elyse SM437