Topics

supplemental downwind sailing configuration for Super Maramu

Stephen Davis

Thanks Jose.

On Jun 17, 2019, at 1:35 PM, Jose Venegas via Groups.Io <josegvenegas=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

It uses the additional halliard above and the hole in the anchor chain roller that seems standard on my boat. Just enough distance from the genoa

Jose Venegas

James
No chafe on the sail or the rigging
Make sure the sail edge is protected from UV. When we came back from our 1 year cruise I had to replace the edge material of most of the sail
Lowest relative wind ~80 but requires pulling the tack down
Max relative wind speed was >20+ kn which I don’t recommend and it was not under my watch!
I think the size of the sail is good for me.
Jose
IPANEMA SM2K 278

Mark Erdos

Jose,

Very cool!

Two questions: Did you have to modify the ballooner and add a gaiter? Where do you attach it to on the foredeck?

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Vista Mar, Panama

www.creampuff.us