Topics

Switch on Bilge Float Tube

Ian Townsend

When cleaning our bilge, we noticed the cap had come off of this (see pictures). It is attached to the tube that houses the bilge float and appears to be a switch. But I am not really sure what this is. It's not our float switch. We have the standard version of that. But maybe it's an old high water alarm with relay to the bilge pump? Can someone enlighten me? I need to source or to fabricate parts to cover it properly. The parts that remain are a plastic disc shape cap that used to be attached to something rubber that is either a membrane or a seal, and a piece of a metal gasket.

Pictures attached.

Ian Townsend
SM153
Loca Lola II
Fort Lauderdale, FL

You might need to update. I sent you a private email.
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 2:31 PM Ian Townsend <smlocalola@...> wrote:

When cleaning our bilge, we noticed the cap had come off of this (see pictures). It is attached to the tube that houses the bilge float and appears to be a switch. But I am not really sure what this is. It's not our float switch. We have the standard version of that. But maybe it's an old high water alarm with relay to the bilge pump? Can someone enlighten me? I need to source or to fabricate parts to cover it properly. The parts that remain are a plastic disc shape cap that used to be attached to something rubber that is either a membrane or a seal, and a piece of a metal gasket.

Pictures attached.

Ian Townsend
SM153
Loca Lola II
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Diego de Miguel (Sailing Living Lab) Amel Sharki

Edited

Hello Ian,

I also had problems with that system in my Sharki.
At present I am testing a new tech from one of my tech partners. It is an optical based on diodes.
I have installed 2 optical sensors into the bilge. One is for activeting the pump Instaled in the lower part of the bilge) and the other one is for the alarm (instaled at half part of the bilge)
You can see the system in this video. I speak in spanish. promise to add english subtitles soon :-)
If you are interested I can send  you technical and commercial information.

All the best

Diego de Miguel
Sailing Living Lab

ACROBAT II, Sharki 52

Ian Townsend

Gracias Diego. I think this must be an old high water alarm and will be removing it. If I find it is something different then I will post on the forum.

I installed a separate system next to the AC pump last year (per Bill Rouse's photo).

Ian
Loca Lola II
SM153
Fort Lauderdale, FL

On Apr 21, 2020, at 4:44 AM, Diego de Miguel (Sailing Living Lab) Amel Sharki <diegodemiguelmurillo@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Hello Ian,

I also had problems with that system in my Sharki.
At present I am testing a new tech from one of my tech partners. It is an optical based on diodes.
I have installed 2 optical sensors into the bilge. One is for activeting the pump Instaled in the lower part of the bilge) and the other one is for the alarm (instaled at half part of the bilge)
You can see the system in this video. I speak in spanish. promise to add english subtitles soon :-)
If you are interested I can send  you technical and commercial information.

All the best

Diego de Miguel
Sailing Living Lab

ACROBAT II, Sharki 52

heinz@quetzal.berlin

Hallo

I am interested in your system with the

IDN Optical Bilge Sensors and the Control Board on the ACROBAT II can you tell me where I can buy them?

Fair winds

Heinz, SY Quetzal, SM 2000, 292 Whangarei New Zealand, Still in Lockdown

[...]

Thanks to you Ian.
I am planning to cross the Atlantic in december and to go to Florida.
I see that you are in Fort Lauderdale, so we will be able to meet each other in the real world :-)
All the best,

Diego.

Diego de Miguel (Sailing Living Lab) Amel Sharki

Hello Heinz,

Thank you very much for your interest into the IDN system.
Could you please send an e-mail to me at: diego.demiguel@... ? then I will reply your e-mail with more detailed info, technichal specifications, and will add to Alejando Samaniego (CEO of IDN) in copy. Thus he will be able to add more info if needed.
Thanks again for you interest mate!

Best Regards,

Diego.

Ian Townsend

Best of luck to you Diego. Hope to meet you sometime. Let us know how your switch install goes.

Ian & Margaret
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153
Bahamas