From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Teun BAAS via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, May 8, 2021 1:47 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: FW: [AmelYachtOwners] Tender Amel 54

Hi Aty & Mohammad,

Hope you guys are well.

In reference to below I suggest you make sure that there is no variance at all between the pick-up points of the dinghy and the rollers. Even using a correct length horizontal line between the 2 hoisting lines forcing them in the right (directly down) angle to the rollers I still experienced with a (temporary – you know my dinghies saga) brand-new 360 HIGHFIELD, in rough seas (over 35knts wind) & in open ocean, the stern davit line break due to chafing and, inexplicably, the dinghy was able to worm itself out the additional (2 crossed under the hull as well as 1 each directly from P to SB on bow and stern) safety straps causing the stern hanging almost into the water.

Of course late afternoon/early evening with still some daylight but I wonder if we would have noticed if this happened during the night.

Can assure you NOT a fun experience!!!

This was crossing from MARE (NEW CALEDONIA) to TANNA (VANUATU).

Best Regards Teun

May 8, 2021 14:35:47