Test plug on a 54 Volvo 110 D3

Bertrand Quénot

Hello everyone
I have had an engine breakdown on my Volvo Penta 110 with an electrical engine fault message.
The technician on board doesn’t find where to plug his test device.
Could somebody tell me where this test plug is located ?
Bertrand Quenot
SV ANTINEA 54 - 043
Currently in Shelter Bay Marina Panama

ngtnewington Newington

It is above the sink in the galley. Open the locker to see the underside of the engine cockpit controls. There is the plug in for  Volvo agent computer.
Good luck
Nick
S/Y Amelia
AML54-019
Leros Gr

On 23 Sep 2021, at 01:15, Bertrand Quénot <bertrand@...> wrote:

Hello everyone
I have had an engine breakdown on my Volvo Penta 110 with an electrical engine fault message.
The technician on board doesn’t find where to plug his test device.
Could somebody tell me where this test plug is located ?
Bertrand Quenot
SV ANTINEA 54 - 043
Currently in Shelter Bay Marina Panama

Mark & Debbie Mueller

Try checking the "OEM Mode" from the small readout on the EVC Control Panel at the helm.  This may give you information about what fault has occurred.  The Workshop Manual lists some o f the codes, try Google or the Volvo dealer to determine any other code that shows up.
--
Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54

Bertrand Quénot

Thanks very much Mark,
I will try using information you sent though my EVC panel is different from the one shown on your message.
My engine is the D3 B. Maybe yours is a different version.

Le 23 sept. 2021 à 09:47, Mark & Debbie Mueller <brass.ring@...> a écrit :

Try checking the "OEM Mode" from the small readout on the EVC Control Panel at the helm.  This may give you information about what fault has occurred.  The Workshop Manual lists some o f the codes, try Google or the Volvo dealer to determine any other code that shows up.
--
Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54

<Fault Codes - Retrieving Volvo D3 Fault Codes.pdf>
<Volvo Penta D3-110 EVC C Workshop Manual 207748668.pdf>

Scott SV Tengah

Bertrand,

The readout comes from the little LCD panel below the tach. At least it does on my D3-110C. I presume your tach has an LCD panel, too?
--
Scott
2007 A54 #69