Topics

TMD22 stainless steel muffler diagrams?

Ryan Meador

Hi all,

Our stainless muffler has started to rust out, and I'd like to replace it while I'm also replacing the turbo and mixing elbow.  I'd rather not go with the plastic Vetus that seems to be the go-to; I really like the step.  I'm considering having a new one fabricated.  To that end, does anyone have technical drawings of the internal structure of this muffler?

Thanks,

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

I believe that your stainless muffler was probably fabricated by a previous owner.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 2:30 PM Ryan Meador <ryan.d.meador@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Our stainless muffler has started to rust out, and I'd like to replace it while I'm also replacing the turbo and mixing elbow.  I'd rather not go with the plastic Vetus that seems to be the go-to; I really like the step.  I'm considering having a new one fabricated.  To that end, does anyone have technical drawings of the internal structure of this muffler?

Thanks,

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

Ryan Meador

Hi Bill,

That's certainly possible, but I thought I've seen others like it on other SMs, and it has the same non-skid as the top of the engine.  I've attached a photo.  Does that look custom to you?

Thanks,

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 4:05 PM CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
I believe that your stainless muffler was probably fabricated by a previous owner.

Hi all,

Thanks,

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

No. That is original, but I thought I remembered the PO fabricating a SS muffler. My mistake. 

Best,

CW Bill Rouse 
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com 
Yacht School Calendar: www.preparetocastoff.blogspot.com/p/calendar.html

On Wed, May 13, 2020, 3:21 PM Ryan Meador <ryan.d.meador@...> wrote:
Hi Bill,

That's certainly possible, but I thought I've seen others like it on other SMs, and it has the same non-skid as the top of the engine.  I've attached a photo.  Does that look custom to you?

Thanks,

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 4:05 PM CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks,

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

Germain Jean-Pierre

Ryan,

Early SM’s had SS mufflers; mine has...

A good SS person can cut into it and replicate the unit. I had my new one made in NZ

GOOD luck 

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera,SM 007

On 14/05/2020, at 7:30 AM, Ryan Meador <ryan.d.meador@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks,

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Ryan, it is identical to what we have on Ocean Pearl

Kind Regards

Danny 

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 14 May 2020 at 08:21 Ryan Meador <ryan.d.meador@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

Thanks,

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 4:05 PM CW Bill Rouse < brouse@...> wrote:

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 2:30 PM Ryan Meador < ryan.d.meador@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks,

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

Ian Townsend

Same as that on LLII. But sorry,  no specs. 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 2020-05-13 18:03 (GMT-05:00)
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] TMD22 stainless steel muffler diagrams?

Hi Ryan, it is identical to what we have on Ocean Pearl

Kind Regards

Danny 

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 14 May 2020 at 08:21 Ryan Meador <ryan.d.meador@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

Thanks,

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 4:05 PM CW Bill Rouse < brouse@...> wrote:

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 2:30 PM Ryan Meador < ryan.d.meador@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks,

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA