Topics

turning direction of prop and thread pitch - Santorin

Volker Hasenauer

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if the turning direction of the prop on the Santorin in left or right hand?

Does anyone of you know the pitch of the thread on the Santorin? I have a drawing on the gearbox, however it only say M 20.....but is silent about the pitch.

Volker
SY Aquamarine, Santorin 027
Borneo/Malaysia

Daniel Frey

On my Santorins prop it says: L 19 x 14

L = left turning

19 = 19 inch = diameter of the prop

14 = 14 inch = theoretical distance achieved with 1 turn

Daniel Frey, SN 64 / 1992

Beaute Olivier

Hi Volker,

Originally, this Santorin has an aluminum casing C-drive, labelled CATEP, with a RH pitch propeller.
Since 1990, the drive may have been replaced with a cast iron casing one, and if so, the prop is a LH.
Check the casing with a magnet, or send a picture of the drive top unit.

Olivier

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 11 févr. 2020 à 01:37, Volker Hasenauer <volker.hasenauer@...> a écrit :

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if the turning direction of the prop on the Santorin in left or right hand?

Does anyone of you know the pitch of the thread on the Santorin? I have a drawing on the gearbox, however it only say M 20.....but is silent about the pitch.

Volker
SY Aquamarine, Santorin 027
Borneo/Malaysia

Volker Hasenauer

Hi Olivier,

I am quite certain that I have the aluminum casing - so that would mean I have the RH version. What does RH standing for....probably "right...."?

Would you know the pitch of the thread? Its a M 20 thread...but no pitch has been mentioned and my boat is in the water.....

Many thanks,

Volker

On Wed, Feb 12, 2020 at 10:27 AM Beaute Olivier via Groups.Io <atlanticyachtsurvey=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your reply.

I have now 2 replies...one say right, the other say left. Leaving me with no other choice as to wait until I get my boat out of the water and physically check what I got....

I have checked as well with Maud, however so far no reply from her.

Many thanks for your effort,

Greetings from Langkawi,

Volker
SY Aquamarine, Santorin 027
Borneo, Malaysia

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 11:37 PM Daniel Frey <Daniel.m.frey@...> wrote:
On my Santorins prop it says: L 19 x 14

L = left turning

19 = 19 inch = diameter of the prop

14 = 14 inch = theoretical distance achieved with 1 turn

Daniel Frey, SN 64 / 1992

JOHN HAYES

My Santorin is turning clockwise........ if you believe the direction of the prop alternator

John Hayes
Ngawaka sn 41