ULTRA anchor 45KG or 35KG

Dominique Sery

Hello,
In Greece, at anchor with strong winds, I skidded several times with the anchor provided by Amel (Wasi 30 kgs), I then replaced it by a Rocna 55 kgs which fits perfectly in the bow fitting.
Perfect hold tested up to 50 knots of wind at anchor.
No regrets, I sleep much better!
Dominique
Irko A54#16 currently Kilada Greece

Jarek Zemlo

Hi,
finally I decided for SPADE and it fits without any modifications.

Jarek
NOA BLUE

Jose Venegas

Bill,
The only time I would be worried about having a very heavy anchor is if I need to leave an anchorage in a hurry and have to bring it up by hand because the windlass malfunctioned.
The 35 kg digs in so much that it needs some help from the engine to dislodge.  Ultra’s manufacturer gives a warranty of up to a CAT 2 for the 35 Kg in an Amel  SM2000

Germain Jean-Pierre

Amel Gang,

We have an Ultra 35kgs on ours.

NEVER dragged in 4 years of living largely on anchor.

Very pleased

Jean-Pierre Germain, Eleuthera, SM007, Opua, NZ