Unknown Item

Thomas Peacock

Hi all,
While putting in a new VHF antenna I noticed this electrical black box at the base of the mast. It seems to have cooling fins, with five wires coming in from the mast. Is it a remnant of the old B&G instrument system?

Thanks as always.
--
Tom Peacock
SM 240 Aletes

Tom,

Is it possibly a voltage regulator someone installed for LED mast lighting?

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 9:39 AM Thomas Peacock <peacock8491@...> wrote:

Hi all,
While putting in a new VHF antenna I noticed this electrical black box at the base of the mast. It seems to have cooling fins, with five wires coming in from the mast. Is it a remnant of the old B&G instrument system?

Thanks as always.
--
Tom Peacock
SM 240 Aletes
Chesapeake Bay

Jean Boucharlat

Tom and Bill,

Ir is indeed a voltage regulator intended to protect filament bulbs (particularly the tricolor) mounted on the mast. I had the exactly same installation on my SM 232.

Jean Boucharlat