VDO Temp Sensor for Yanmar 4JH3-HTE

Richard May

All,
My water temp sensor on the Yanmar is on the fritz.  Indications are full-hot when powering the key to ON.  (engine is OFF)  Disconnect the sensor and the gauge reads zero.

PART
- Looked it up in the Yamar parts catalog and that part only has one pole on it, getting it ground from the engine.  The part on my engine has two poles.
- Looked at the sensor and got a VDO 805/1/5 number off it.  This pulls up a 250 degree F. sensor, with two poles.  Looks great.

QUESTION
The sensor comes in 3/8-18 NPTF, or M14x1.5.  Do you know which it is on the Yanmar 4JH3-HTE?
--
Richard May
SM 477 Avogato