Velox plus

Patrick McAneny

Several years ago I applied Velox to my prop and did not have good luck with it. Last time I put my boat in the water, I used prop speed and it worked out pretty well . I am ready to paint my prop again, and I have almost a full can of Velox left ,whereas I would need to spend almost $300. for prop speed. So my question is,has anyone had good results using Velox ? Is there something else that has worked well?
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

Germain Jean-Pierre

Sorry Pat,

PropSpeed works well for me too

Jean-Pierre Germain, Eleuthera SM007.

On 30/05/2021, at 9:26 AM, Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32@...> wrote:

Several years ago I applied Velox to my prop and did not have good luck with it. Last time I put my boat in the water, I used prop speed and it worked out pretty well . I am ready to paint my prop again, and I have almost a full can of Velox left ,whereas I would need to spend almost $300. for prop speed. So my question is,has anyone had good results using Velox ? Is there something else that has worked well?
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

Arnold Mente

My experiance last year war very good with Velox, 6 month in water, nothing on it, will see how is the next season. Now need new Antifouling for he hull. Sailed 1500 NM.
--
Arnold
SY Zephyr SM203

Patrick McAneny

Arnold, Did you sand your prop with 80 grit? I hate to do that to a new prop,seems a bit drastic ,but maybe that is why it did not work well before.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans