Velox plus

Patrick McAneny

Several years ago I applied Velox to my prop and did not have good luck with it. Last time I put my boat in the water, I used prop speed and it worked out pretty well . I am ready to paint my prop again, and I have almost a full can of Velox left ,whereas I would need to spend almost $300. for prop speed. So my question is,has anyone had good results using Velox ? Is there something else that has worked well? 
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

Germain Jean-Pierre

Sorry Pat,

PropSpeed works well for me too

Jean-Pierre Germain, Eleuthera SM007. 

On 30/05/2021, at 9:26 AM, Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32@...> wrote:

Several years ago I applied Velox to my prop and did not have good luck with it. Last time I put my boat in the water, I used prop speed and it worked out pretty well . I am ready to paint my prop again, and I have almost a full can of Velox left ,whereas I would need to spend almost $300. for prop speed. So my question is,has anyone had good results using Velox ? Is there something else that has worked well? 
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

Arnold Mente

My experiance last year war very good with Velox, 6 month in water, nothing on it, will see how is the next season. Now need new Antifouling for he hull. Sailed 1500 NM.
--
Arnold
SY Zephyr SM203

Patrick McAneny

Arnold, Did you sand your prop with 80 grit? I hate to do that to a new prop,seems a bit drastic ,but maybe that is why it did not work well before. 
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

-----Original Message-----
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Sun, May 30, 2021 3:45 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Velox plus

My experiance last year war very good with Velox, 6 month in water, nothing on it, will see how is the next season. Now need new Antifouling for he hull. Sailed 1500 NM.
--
Arnold
SY Zephyr SM203

Arnold Mente

The Shipyard did the job according Velox, sanding, primer and I think 2 coats.
--
Arnold
SY Zephyr SM203

Alan Leslie

!4 months in the water without moving at all.

Propspeed - that's pretty impressive....

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

Patrick McAneny

Alan,
 Yea, I used prop speed last time and it worked pretty well after a couple of years and 5000 miles. But, I have a can of Velox and is it worth using ,or should I spend $300 on more prop speed ,or there something out there that works well .I didn't have good luck with Velox , but it may have been a bad application,that why I am asking if anyone had good experience with it. Must feel good to be back on your boat, I think there is many owners that have had a long separation from their boat and sailing. I know I have ,about 1 1/2 yrs. ,boat back in the water very soon !
Enjoy,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

-----Original Message-----
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Sun, May 30, 2021 6:23 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Velox plus

!4 months in the water without moving at all.

Propspeed - that's pretty impressive....

Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437