vetus coupling removal

Herbert Lackner

today I tried to align the engine and the c-drive. unfortunately I was not able to remove the vetus coupling from the shaft, tried it also with a puller but without success.  Are there any tricks, special tools,... how this can be done? I remember Eric uploaded a foto showing the tool he made for that, but could not find it. any help welcome

herbert, SN120, kali mera, Mazatlan

Davi Rozgonyi

Hey there, wiser minds than mine will answer I'm sure, but I'm just here to remind you to get or make that alignment blank for this job. Skilled professionals were unable to align mine without it....they tried, and my vetus coupling blew a hundred hours later. You will very likely not align it correctly without it. Do yourself a favor if you haven't already, get or make that blank!

Cheers,
Davi

Herbert Lackner

finally removed it. what you need is a puller, a hammer and 6 hours :-)  . alignment was easy then using the tool.

santorin owners with a shaft alternator: the "special tool" should be 45 mm longer than for the SM, due to the pulley of the shaft alternator. it still works but would be better if I had made it longer.

herbert

eric freedman

Hi,

Here is the photo. Once you have it apart have a machine shop open up the hole a few thousands of an inch.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

today I tried to align the engine and the c-drive. unfortunately I was not able to remove the vetus coupling from the shaft, tried it also with a puller but without success.  Are there any tricks, special tools,... how this can be done? I remember Eric uploaded a foto showing the tool he made for that, but could not find it. any help welcome

herbert, SN120, kali mera, Mazatlan

eric freedman

Sorry the word is DISK

today I tried to align the engine and the c-drive. unfortunately I was not able to remove the vetus coupling from the shaft, tried it also with a puller but without success.  Are there any tricks, special tools,... how this can be done? I remember Eric uploaded a foto showing the tool he made for that, but could not find it. any help welcome

herbert, SN120, kali mera, Mazatlan

eric freedman

I would also pound on it with a heavy mallet and use plenty of PB Blaster.

today I tried to align the engine and the c-drive. unfortunately I was not able to remove the vetus coupling from the shaft, tried it also with a puller but without success.  Are there any tricks, special tools,... how this can be done? I remember Eric uploaded a foto showing the tool he made for that, but could not find it. any help welcome

herbert, SN120, kali mera, Mazatlan

Paul Harries

Have you tried a small compressed air powered impact hammer?