Volvo TDM22 Turbo PN? #replacement

JOSE PRIETO

Please, I need the PN for the Garret turbo for the Volvo tdm22 engine.
I couldn’t find further information on the Amel manual and the forum.

thanks,

Jose Prieto
--
Jose Prieto
SV Wayag, SM 323

Matt & Michelle

Jose,

Two options....

https://www.parts4engines.com/volvo-penta-tmd22-turbocharger/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P96LS84/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
RECMAR Turbo for Volvo Penta TAMD22P-B TMD22A, B, P-C, Replaces 3802092 3581150 861407

Matt

JOSE PRIETO

Hello Matt,

Thanks for the feedback.
Amazon shows that it’s unavailable.
Ill send a email to parts4engine to check availability, but I’m still looking for the garret PN.

Thanks again

Jose
--
Jose Prieto
SV Wayag, SM 323

Kelly Service

We went thru the same issue.  Took us several months to get a Garrett from Part4Engines but it was well worth it.

We first ordered the one from Amazon since the one was back ordered on parts4engines.  It is NOT a direct replacement.

  • The intake side is larger
  • Oil return needs adapter fittings
  • The angle of the exhaust side pipe is wrong and needs modifications to make wastegate work
  • No fuel vacuum assist port on the intake side of the turbo, would need to be drilled and tapped?
  • Almost all fittings will require some adapters
I am pretty sure those are the things that my husband told me were different.  Please don't beat me up if I got some of the terms wrong.  LOL

We decided to just wait for the Garrett.  The Amazon one is sitting in a box.  We think that you could actually take the knock-off one and the old Garrett and put them together and make one that works.  Not sure though.

Personally, if you need a turbo right now, I would see if there is not someone who can rebuild it for you.  We have held onto the old Garrett for that very reason.  We are been told that it can be rebuilt.  And with how hard they are to get, it is certainly worth a shot.

Kelly

SV LeaLou, SM 141
Georgia

Matt & Michelle

The Garrett was not available when we needed a replacement either.

We used the Recmar without issue.  The core has to be rotated by ~20 degrees to fit properly and align with the existing fittings on our TMD, but otherwise was a drop in.

Matt

On May 24, 2022, at 12:28 PM, Kelly Service <svlealou@...> wrote:

[...]

Vladan SV PAME

Jose,

I replaced turbo on my D3 engine with rebuild one from this company.  Price was EUR 621,91
It would be cheaper if they could repair mine turbo but they said mine was not reparable ( forgot reason )
500 hours after still working and no issue.

Turbo's Hoet Nederland BV
De Wel 6b
3871 MV Hoevelaken
Nederland
Tel +31 (0) 33 247 30 90
Fax +31 (0) 33 247 30 99
sales@...
www.th-group.eu/turbos

--
Vladan

A54 #157
SV PAME

JOSE PRIETO

Hi Kelly,

Thank you very much for your feedback and offer!
I’m in Spain and already order a new one from parts4engine.
I found the Garret PN thst is 468770-6.

Cheers,

Jose Prieto

--