VOLVO TMD22 Ext Reg Alternator

Matt & Michelle Day, SM#208 SV Talia

Hey Folks,

Looking for some guidance from the group from anyone whom has installed a higher output externally regulated alternator on their Volvo TMD22.  What brand did you choose?  What drove your decision process?  Any service or fitment issues worth mentioning?

Matt

Elja Röllinghoff Balu SM 222

Hey, Matt
a question in this direction I asked a few months ago but did not receive eunfold answers in relation to a part number or an exact model .
my own research has not yet produced satisfactory results, since the space for the 24 V Altinator is very limited.
I think it will go only with changes to the pulley.

Greetings Elja
SM Balu 222

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Matt & Michelle Day, SM#208 SV Talia

Elja,

Do you have the part number of your 24V alternator handy (I am not on our boat at the moment)? A picture of the data plate would be great.  I have a friend on the west coast that works in the custom car business that may be able to help with sourcing.

Matt

Elja Röllinghoff Balu SM 222

He Matt
sorry we left it yesterday
shame
but I have some photos maybe it helps

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Patrick McAneny

Matt, You did not give your location, but if in the States ,I just bought a new alternator thru Hardin Marine for my Volvo TMD22a ,as I discovered my old one did not have an isolated ground ,be sure to buy one that is isolated.
Pat
SM Shenanigans
Sassafras ,Md.