Warning - Potential fraudulent emails

Brent Cameron

Amel sent out a notice this morning saying that there have been incidents of fraudulent emails originating from a domain that looks like Amel but isn’t. I’m posting this again as some of you might not be on Amel’s mailing list but might get one anyway. Here it is in it’s entirety:

“Dear Customers, dear Partners,

We inform you that fraudulent emails are currently being sent with the address « @amel-fr.com » (« instead of « @amel.fr »). The content makes you believe that the sender is an AMEL employee and the purpose is to invite you to pay a deposit on a bank account other than our company’s accounts.

After some research we have found that a domain name « amel-fr.com » was recently created, which makes us think that further fraudulent emails may be sent in the coming days.

We ask you to be very cautious on the emails you may receive regarding AMEL. Our email addresses all have the extension « @amel.fr » (commercial@...amel.med@..., etc…). If you receive an email with the extension « @amel-fr.com » or another suspicious form with the name « amel », please do not reply them. In addition, we would be very grateful if you could inform us about this, it will help us report an identity theft.

We are sorry for the annoyance caused by these fraudulent acts, and if you have any question, we are at your entire disposal.

Best regards,

Stéphanie RULLIER
Communication Director”
--