Topics

Water ingress

Paul Osterberg

Hello! we find water under the floor board in the passage from main cabin to the front cabin. i.e. outside the forward head. that after being out in larger seas or going up wind. I thought it was the Bow thruster that was leaking. But it is totally dry under the floorboard in the forward cabin, I have a few diapers place each side of the Bowthruster and they are also dry. is there any other place where water can get in under the floor board.

we always close the drain from the forward head so that water geting in the anchor chain well not getting in the the head when leaning to port.  We have a new speed transducer but that is totally dry at least when laying at anchor that is the only source I can t hink of besides the bow thruster.

Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259

JOSE PRIETO

I have the same problem! Somebody can help?

Cheers

--
Jose Prieto
SV Wayag, SM 323

Sabine Stein

Good Morning
 There is a connection from the bathroom to this compartment
if anything from the toilet leaks or drips from showering are going under the bathroom base they end up in there
well at least at the Santorin

JOSE PRIETO

Hello Sabine!

Thanks for the advice, but the water is 100% salted!
Keep searching,

Cheers
--
Jose Prieto
SV Wayag, SM 323

Jose,

If the water is seawater as you say, the sources of the seawater in this spot in the order of probability are:
  1. Bow Thruster seals
  2. Toilet flush hose hole or crack forward of the saloon/forward bulkhead and/or its connection to the Jabsco Macerator.
  3. Air Conditioner seawater hose leaking (hole or crack) forward of the saloon/forward bulkhead and/or its connection to the forward air conditioner.
  4. Anchor wash hose leaking (hole or crack) forward of the saloon/forward bulkhead.
  5. AC seawater ball valve and thru-hull
  6. Crack or hole in the seawater cooling jacket on the forward AC unit
I would test to see if it is number 2 - 4 above by turning OFF the ball-valve on the Secondary Saltwater Manifold. This will turn off the seawater supply to Toilets, Air Conditioner, and Anchor wash. You'll need to use fresh water to flush toilets via the shower. Even with the ball valve OFF, you may get some seawater because there will be some seawater in the manifold & lines. You could minimize the water in the manifold and lines by flushing the forward toilet, running the anchor wash, and running the AC pump, for about 10 seconds, each.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 4:38 AM JOSE PRIETO <prietomd11@...> wrote:
Hello Sabine!

Thanks for the advice, but the water is 100% salted!
Keep searching,

Cheers
--
Jose Prieto
SV Wayag, SM 323
Currently Alicante, Spain

There is one more possible source. Call it #7.

It is the hose and its connections from the anchor locker. The anchor locker hose is connected to a T fitting in the floor near the Depth Sounder. It is about a 25mm hose. Follow it back to the anchor locker, checking the hose and its connections.