Topics

Watermaker membrane damaged by fuel

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

Hi all,

Just though I’d share this unfortunate experience. I had new membranes last year after 11 years. Just recently there was a boat anchored ahead about 200 – 250m which unknown top me at first had been dripping fuel into the water. This rendered my new membranes completely useless (TDS > 1000) and I now need to replace them again. I was subsequently told that if there is just the slightest hint of fuel in the water to not use the watermaker.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada

--