What IS this fitting?

David Kurtz

While trying to locate the source of water coming into my forward bilge (still looking) I ran across this deck fitting just in front of my windlass on my SM2000.  I’ve stared at it long enough to know that I am going to need some help figuring out what this is for.  It looks like an original factory fitting.  Beyond that… no clue.  Thanks in advance for your help!

--
Dave Kurtz
SM2 #380

Detroit, Michigan

There was nothing there when it was new:
image.png

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550

On Sun, Aug 7, 2022 at 10:52 AM David Kurtz via groups.io <Davidwkurtz=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
While trying to locate the source of water coming into my forward bilge (still looking) I ran across this deck fitting just in front of my windlass on my SM2000.  I’ve stared at it long enough to know that I am going to need some help figuring out what this is for.  It looks like an original factory fitting.  Beyond that… no clue.  Thanks in advance for your help!

--
Dave Kurtz
SM2 #380
S/V Celtic Cross

Detroit, Michigan

Paul

Hi David,

What is underneath / below it, in the locker ?

Paul
ARAMIS
SM 2000 - 444
Port Townsend, Washington

Charles Macdonald <c.macdonald@...>

Le 8 août 2022 à 17:17, Paul via groups.io <paulguenette@...> a écrit :

Hi David,

What is underneath / below it, in the locker ?

Paul
ARAMIS
SM 2000 - 444
Port Townsend, Washington

Eloi Bamberg

Hello,
I have a similar on hull 426. You can connect a hose to it (Gardena type). In the locker underneath you can switch the water for the anchor wash and use the hose to clean the chain ... or what you want.

regards,

Eloi
SM2K 426 RedLion
Syracusa Sicily