wheel removal

Eric Freedman

I am planning to take the wheel,  the  main furling gearbox, and the outhaul gearbox off of Kimberlite and have them powder coated . Then the wheel will have new leather installed. The Amel plate in the center of the wheel plate is not cooperating. I believe the plate is stainless and the wheel is aluminum , I think galvanic corrosion is my problem.

Beside removing the 2 screws from the Amel plate in the center of the wheel, is there some trick to remove the plate?.

Fair Winds,

Eric

Sm 376 Kimberlite

Alan Grayson

Mine had nothing except the 2 screws holding it on but still needed a small pick to pry under the edges to remove it.
Alan Grayson
SM 406 Ora Pai
Ft Lauderdale

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of eric freedman <kimberlite@...>
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2021 3:37:01 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] wheel removal

I am planning to take the wheel,  the  main furling gearbox, and the outhaul gearbox off of Kimberlite and have them powder coated . Then the wheel will have new leather installed. The Amel plate in the center of the wheel plate is not cooperating. I believe the plate is stainless and the wheel is aluminum , I think galvanic corrosion is my problem.

Beside removing the 2 screws from the Amel plate in the center of the wheel, is there some trick to remove the plate?.

Fair Winds,

Eric

Sm 376 Kimberlite

Patrick McAneny

Eric ,My center wheel plate was made of aluminum and came off easily, the wheel itself took a lot of pressure to remove.
Pat
SM Shenanigans

-----Original Message-----
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Jul 15, 2021 3:37 am
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] wheel removal

Fair Winds,
Eric
Sm 376 Kimberlite

Slavko Despotovic

Hi Eric,

tool I used to remove wheel.

regards.
--
Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in Portoroz

Eric Freedman

Slavko,

I had no problem removing the wheel, just the AMEL cover plate.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io On Behalf Of Slavko Despotovic
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2021 9:47 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] wheel removal

Hi Eric,

tool I used to remove wheel.

regards.
--
Slavko