From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of antonio scipioni via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 9:51 AM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Winter berth at Tuscany

Dear jose
Cala Galera is the best place
You can ask for a berth to agenzia pianelli Cell 0039 0564 832344 Br Antonio
Sn108 vagabundo
Cala Galera

Inviato da iPhone

Il giorno 13 ott 2021, alle ore 15:27, PAOLO CUNEO <pc43ge@gmail.com> ha scritto:

Dear Jose,
Welcoming place the Tuscany coast for Amelians. During my cruising, I
found Amel boats and knowledgeable owners based there in three
consecutive marinas: Cala Dei Medici, San Vincenzo and Salivoli. I
never wintered there but it I had the Impression of a degree of
familiarity with the brand also on the part of technician and service
personnel Bests, Paolo Cuneo SM 454 Whisper

Inviato da iPad

--
Paolo Cuneo
SM 454 Whisper

Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy)

Hi Eric,

We've been using the Jabsco Vflo 5.0 (42755-0094) for years now without pressure issues or leaking fittings. It's factory shutoff pressure is actually 60psi. The pressure set screw can be adjusted. The pressures created by the hot water boiler when it heats up cold water and no faucet is opened seem much higher anyway.

You should be fine installing your Shurflo 55. It will move more water so be aware of that when you turn things on wide open.

Cheers,
Mike Longcor
SV Trilogy SM23
NZ

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021, 11:50 AM Eric Freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:
My domestic water pump just died it is a Jabsco pup rated at 40 psi.
I was happy with the water volume.

I have on board a Sureflow rated at 55 psi and more volume.

I had bought it a while ago and then realized that the original Amel pump was not rated at such a high pressure.
I wonder what the group thinks of using this pump. If I recall a few owners use the 55 psi pump.

Fair Winds
ERIC
Kimberlite Amel SM 376

You can ask for a berth to agenzia pianelli Cell 0039 0564 832344 Br Antonio
Sn108 vagabundo
Cala Galera

Inviato da iPhone

> Il giorno 13 ott 2021, alle ore 15:27, PAOLO CUNEO <pc43ge@...> ha scritto:
>
> Dear Jose,
> Welcoming place the Tuscany coast for Amelians. During my cruising, I
> found Amel boats and knowledgeable owners based there in three
> consecutive marinas: Cala Dei Medici, San Vincenzo and Salivoli. I
> never wintered there but it I had the Impression of a degree of
> familiarity with the brand  also on the part of technician and service
> personnel Bests, Paolo Cuneo SM 454 Whisper
>
> Inviato da iPad
>
> --
> Paolo Cuneo
> SM 454 Whisper

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Eric, the 55psi will put extra load on every connection with a greater possibility of failure. So long as you are happy with that I cant see a problem.
Kind Regards
Danny
SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 15 October 2021 at 12:47 Eric Freedman <kimberlite@optonline.net> wrote:

[...]

I'll add that we do not use an accumulator. The variable speed pumps don't need them. I've heard mixed reports about whether or not an accumulator actually messes up the operation of a variable speed pump. At any rate, it's just one more thing on a boat... simplify whenever possible.

Cheers,
Mike Longcor
SV Trilogy SM23
NZ

On Sat, Oct 16, 2021, 7:21 AM SV Trilogy <svtrilogy53@...> wrote:
Hi Eric,

We've been using the Jabsco Vflo 5.0 (42755-0094) for years now without pressure issues or leaking fittings. It's factory shutoff pressure is actually 60psi. The pressure set screw can be adjusted. The pressures created by the hot water boiler when it heats up cold water and no faucet is opened seem much higher anyway.

You should be fine installing your Shurflo 55. It will move more water so be aware of that when you turn things on wide open.

Cheers,
Mike Longcor
SV Trilogy SM23
NZ

On Fri, Oct 15, 2021, 11:50 AM Eric Freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:
My domestic water pump just died it is a Jabsco pup rated at 40 psi.
I was happy with the water volume.

I have on board a Sureflow rated at 55 psi and more volume.

I had bought it a while ago and then realized that the original Amel pump was not rated at such a high pressure.
I wonder what the group thinks of using this pump. If I recall a few owners use the 55 psi pump.

Fair Winds
ERIC
Kimberlite Amel SM 376

You can ask for a berth to agenzia pianelli Cell 0039 0564 832344 Br Antonio
Sn108 vagabundo
Cala Galera

Inviato da iPhone

> Il giorno 13 ott 2021, alle ore 15:27, PAOLO CUNEO <pc43ge@...> ha scritto:
>
> Dear Jose,
> Welcoming place the Tuscany coast for Amelians. During my cruising, I
> found Amel boats and knowledgeable owners based there in three
> consecutive marinas: Cala Dei Medici, San Vincenzo and Salivoli. I
> never wintered there but it I had the Impression of a degree of
> familiarity with the brand  also on the part of technician and service
> personnel Bests, Paolo Cuneo SM 454 Whisper
>
> Inviato da iPad
>
> --
> Paolo Cuneo
> SM 454 Whisper

Scott SV Tengah

We have used a variable speed Marco UP-6E on our A54 for over two years.

Without the accumulator, it died within 3 months, with an accumulator, it has lasted almost two years and is still going strong.

Two differences with the A54, compared to previous models, is that our domestic water lines are all rigid (I believe PEX) AND further our toilets are fresh water flush, using a water solenoid. In my extensive conversations with Marco engineers, it appears that those two result in a hammer effect that damaged the seals within our Marco pump.

The pump is great and provides more water than we need. I believe the SM has flexible domestic water supply lines so potentially its not an issue, but I would still use an accumulator.

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69

Alan Leslie

We have a variable speed Marco pump and initially installed it without an accumulator.
I wasn't sure whether our water hoses would comply with the "flexible piping" that Marco mention.
So I put in a small accumulator soon after.
The system has been running now for nearly 4 years with no problems at all.
Smooth water delivery and plenty of it.
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437

Nicolas Klene

Hi Everybody
I have the Marco UP3/E on board which has been working perfectly up to now.lately a sort of random problem occurs ,it does not start all the time water is needed. I suspect the electronic pressostat… any idea .
Nicolas
SV DarNico
Amel 53 # 471
In Marseille 🇫🇷

--
Nicolas Klene
DarNico

Scott SV Tengah

Do you have the electronic pressure sensor? On my 6E, there's an Led on it that shows when it is triggered by "a need for water" and tries to start the pump.

If the light turns on when you need water, then the problem is not the sensor. To be extra sure, of course, you could make sure the sensor is sending current/voltage to the motor when that light is on. While you're at it, remove the intake-output hoses and make sure nothing is blocking the sensor.

Otherwise, you may have a leak in the seal between the motor and the pump head. This is what happened to me when I didn't have an accumulator. It's pretty easy to determine if that's your problem - just take off the cap furthest away from pump head (where water lines go). If there's water/corrosion in there, your seal is damaged. Maybe you're lucky and there's just carbon buildup or perhaps your brushes are worn down.

Marco sells rebuild parts for all of their pumps. Hope this helps.