Topics

ZOOM meeting follow up - comments welcome here

 

All,

In my opening remarks, I stated the purpose of our meeting should be 3-fold:
Social
Exchange of knowledge
Shakedown (Sea Trial) ZOOM for the future
I believe we accomplished 2 of the 3 goals, Social & Shakedown. Regarding my third goal, "Exchange of knowledge," there was not much new to me and longtime members of our Group because most of what was discussed in the two topics had already been discussed on the Group. However, for those new to Amel, the discussion on parts sourcing and standing rigging was possibly valuable. 

Over the coming weeks and as we get more input from members of our Group, we will be able to determine if we want to do this again and what changes we want to make to the structure of the meeting.  

A warm thank you to all that participated and to our ZOOM administrator Tilo Peters.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

Porter McRoberts
 

Thanks Bill. 
I just finished watching the meeting on YouTube. Great job everyone. 
Topics of particular importance for us would be insurance and lithium conversion and power issues. 
Thanks again
Porter and Helen
Ibis 54-152 Opua. 


On Apr 26, 2020, at 1:11 PM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:


All,

In my opening remarks, I stated the purpose of our meeting should be 3-fold:
Social
Exchange of knowledge
Shakedown (Sea Trial) ZOOM for the future
I believe we accomplished 2 of the 3 goals, Social & Shakedown. Regarding my third goal, "Exchange of knowledge," there was not much new to me and longtime members of our Group because most of what was discussed in the two topics had already been discussed on the Group. However, for those new to Amel, the discussion on parts sourcing and standing rigging was possibly valuable. 

Over the coming weeks and as we get more input from members of our Group, we will be able to determine if we want to do this again and what changes we want to make to the structure of the meeting.  

A warm thank you to all that participated and to our ZOOM administrator Tilo Peters.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

Patrick McAneny
 

Bill, The zoom meeting went well , I only knew a few of the owners personally , and recognized a few others names. I think it would be good to ask participants to include the name of their boat under their name. After all that is how most of us know each other ,by the name of their boat. When Diane and I talk about an owner ,we refer to them by the name of their boat.
Pat
SM Shenanigans


-----Original Message-----
From: CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Apr 26, 2020 1:10 pm
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] ZOOM meeting follow up - comments welcome here

All,

In my opening remarks, I stated the purpose of our meeting should be 3-fold:
Social
Exchange of knowledge
Shakedown (Sea Trial) ZOOM for the future
I believe we accomplished 2 of the 3 goals, Social & Shakedown. Regarding my third goal, "Exchange of knowledge," there was not much new to me and longtime members of our Group because most of what was discussed in the two topics had already been discussed on the Group. However, for those new to Amel, the discussion on parts sourcing and standing rigging was possibly valuable. 

Over the coming weeks and as we get more input from members of our Group, we will be able to determine if we want to do this again and what changes we want to make to the structure of the meeting.  

A warm thank you to all that participated and to our ZOOM administrator Tilo Peters.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

PAOLO CUNEO
 

Thanks Bill, thanks Tilo . It was a pleasure to to see ,so to say, in person, many members of the Amel community. Hope other will follow.
All the bests
Paolo Cuneo
SM 454 Whisper

Inviato da iPad

 

Good idea...I will see if we can do that
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar


On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 2:45 PM Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Bill, The zoom meeting went well , I only knew a few of the owners personally , and recognized a few others names. I think it would be good to ask participants to include the name of their boat under their name. After all that is how most of us know each other ,by the name of their boat. When Diane and I talk about an owner ,we refer to them by the name of their boat.
Pat
SM Shenanigans


-----Original Message-----
From: CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Apr 26, 2020 1:10 pm
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] ZOOM meeting follow up - comments welcome here

All,

In my opening remarks, I stated the purpose of our meeting should be 3-fold:
Social
Exchange of knowledge
Shakedown (Sea Trial) ZOOM for the future
I believe we accomplished 2 of the 3 goals, Social & Shakedown. Regarding my third goal, "Exchange of knowledge," there was not much new to me and longtime members of our Group because most of what was discussed in the two topics had already been discussed on the Group. However, for those new to Amel, the discussion on parts sourcing and standing rigging was possibly valuable. 

Over the coming weeks and as we get more input from members of our Group, we will be able to determine if we want to do this again and what changes we want to make to the structure of the meeting.  

A warm thank you to all that participated and to our ZOOM administrator Tilo Peters.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

 

Paolo,

It was great that you attended...thanks
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar


On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 2:57 PM PAOLO CUNEO <pc43ge@...> wrote:
Thanks Bill, thanks Tilo . It was a pleasure to to see ,so to say,  in person, many members of the Amel community. Hope other will follow.
All the bests
Paolo Cuneo
SM 454 Whisper

Inviato da iPad


Rink De Haan
 

Thanks all, thanks Bill for the initiative.
I joined through YouTube and it was very good and smoothly operated. Good formula to extend.
Best regards
Rink
SY Razor’s Edge
Amel SM2K #330


Van: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> namens CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>
Verzonden: Sunday, April 26, 2020 10:05:16 PM
Aan: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Onderwerp: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] ZOOM meeting follow up - comments welcome here
 
Paolo,

It was great that you attended...thanks
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar


On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 2:57 PM PAOLO CUNEO <pc43ge@...> wrote:
Thanks Bill, thanks Tilo . It was a pleasure to to see ,so to say,  in person, many members of the Amel community. Hope other will follow.
All the bests
Paolo Cuneo
SM 454 Whisper

Inviato da iPad


 

Thanks, Rink & Tony. The credit for the smoothness goes to Tilo Peters.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar


On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 3:21 PM Rink De Haan <rinkdehaan@...> wrote:
Thanks all, thanks Bill for the initiative.
I joined through YouTube and it was very good and smoothly operated. Good formula to extend.
Best regards
Rink
SY Razor’s Edge
Amel SM2K #330


Van: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> namens CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>
Verzonden: Sunday, April 26, 2020 10:05:16 PM
Aan: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Onderwerp: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] ZOOM meeting follow up - comments welcome here
 
Paolo,

It was great that you attended...thanks
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar


On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 2:57 PM PAOLO CUNEO <pc43ge@...> wrote:
Thanks Bill, thanks Tilo . It was a pleasure to to see ,so to say,  in person, many members of the Amel community. Hope other will follow.
All the bests
Paolo Cuneo
SM 454 Whisper

Inviato da iPad


Gregory Shea
 

Bill, 
I think that everyone has their own "Exchange of Knowledge" takeaways from these general discussions, and I would not be overly concerned about ploughing old ground. For example, you (and others) knew about Nicki (sp?) in Malta. I didn't and he is exactly the type of person I have been looking for to help with a mast rehabbing project, in Greece. I have E mailed Mohammed privately, asking for more details. 
Maybe the participants didn't uncover any new technical insights but "knowledge" is a pretty broad term and who knows what other "aha" moments may have come out of the meeting.
Although this is just the first one, have you thought about how to prevent the meetings from becoming hot air balloons, personal soap boxes or platforms for inappropriate commentary. The moderators perform this function in the written forum and I would think a light touch should be enough but it is exponentially more difficult in a real time situation
 


Greg Shea
Sharki 133 Cap des iles





From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2020 1:10 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] ZOOM meeting follow up - comments welcome here
 
All,

In my opening remarks, I stated the purpose of our meeting should be 3-fold:
Social
Exchange of knowledge
Shakedown (Sea Trial) ZOOM for the future
I believe we accomplished 2 of the 3 goals, Social & Shakedown. Regarding my third goal, "Exchange of knowledge," there was not much new to me and longtime members of our Group because most of what was discussed in the two topics had already been discussed on the Group. However, for those new to Amel, the discussion on parts sourcing and standing rigging was possibly valuable. 

Over the coming weeks and as we get more input from members of our Group, we will be able to determine if we want to do this again and what changes we want to make to the structure of the meeting.  

A warm thank you to all that participated and to our ZOOM administrator Tilo Peters.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

 

Thanks, Greg. BTW of all of the riggers in the world, Nicky is the best. I have known Nicky Sammut since 2015. Nicky knows Amels. He has inspected and worked on the rigging of all Amel models from the Maramu to the 64. He has sailed as crew on Amels. Nicky has installed upgraded Bamar furlers on 54s. Nicky is one of the best riggers for Amels in the Mediterranean. Malta is a great location for a haulout before an Atlantic Crossing. Regardless of the age of your rigging, every owner should have a complete rigging inspection before the crossing.

Nicky’s Rigging & Marine ServicesVat no. 1881-2224Mobile +356 79271668Email. nickysail@...

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar


On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 6:26 PM Gregory Shea <gmshea@...> wrote:
Bill, 
I think that everyone has their own "Exchange of Knowledge" takeaways from these general discussions, and I would not be overly concerned about ploughing old ground. For example, you (and others) knew about Nicki (sp?) in Malta. I didn't and he is exactly the type of person I have been looking for to help with a mast rehabbing project, in Greece. I have E mailed Mohammed privately, asking for more details. 
Maybe the participants didn't uncover any new technical insights but "knowledge" is a pretty broad term and who knows what other "aha" moments may have come out of the meeting.
Although this is just the first one, have you thought about how to prevent the meetings from becoming hot air balloons, personal soap boxes or platforms for inappropriate commentary. The moderators perform this function in the written forum and I would think a light touch should be enough but it is exponentially more difficult in a real time situation
 


Greg Shea
Sharki 133 Cap des iles





From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...>
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2020 1:10 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io Notification <main@amelyachtowners.groups.io>
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] ZOOM meeting follow up - comments welcome here
 
All,

In my opening remarks, I stated the purpose of our meeting should be 3-fold:
Social
Exchange of knowledge
Shakedown (Sea Trial) ZOOM for the future
I believe we accomplished 2 of the 3 goals, Social & Shakedown. Regarding my third goal, "Exchange of knowledge," there was not much new to me and longtime members of our Group because most of what was discussed in the two topics had already been discussed on the Group. However, for those new to Amel, the discussion on parts sourcing and standing rigging was possibly valuable. 

Over the coming weeks and as we get more input from members of our Group, we will be able to determine if we want to do this again and what changes we want to make to the structure of the meeting.  

A warm thank you to all that participated and to our ZOOM administrator Tilo Peters.

Bill

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
View My Training Calendar

greg greg
 

wow! i didn't receive notification of meeting beginning, but would be happy to watch it on Youtube?
any urls available?

Tilo Peters
 

Hi Greg,

The URL for the meeting is https://youtu.be/7Mm1bbL-PaA

Best,

Tilo

On 27Apr, 2020, at 13:39, greg greg <41greg.marine@...> wrote:

wow! i didn't receive notification of meeting beginning, but would be happy to watch it on Youtube?
any urls available?

Alexander Schenk
 

Many thanks Tilo also from me - was unable to join to technical difficulties...

Best
Alexander
SYAntinea
SM #231


On 27 Apr 2020, at 13:41, Tilo Peters <tilo.peters@...> wrote:

Hi Greg,

The URL for the meeting is https://youtu.be/7Mm1bbL-PaA

Best,

Tilo

On 27Apr, 2020, at 13:39, greg greg <41greg.marine@...> wrote:

wow! i didn't receive notification of meeting beginning, but would be happy to watch it on Youtube?
any urls available?

ste.dente
 

Thank you, Tilo and Bill, for the first zoom meeting. I saw it on You Tube and it was interesting for me. I´m not ever able to understand all the different english accent but…
I would for sure appreciate all other meeting you will be able to organise.
All my best
Stefania Dente
SN # 93 Euploia
Bocca di Magra Italy

mr_hermanns
 

I had a emergency store run to make - see you all next time.
--
Jeremy Hermanns - "Jer"
SVCerulean.com
Maramu #105
Marina Del Rey, CA