Topics

Zoom Meeting Presentation of the Amel 50 from La Rochelle #ZOOM

David Kurtz

Matt & Cindy, thank you for a great meeting.  I happen to think this is an excellent way to stay in touch with the Amel community (I'm a new member as well).  My goal one of these days is to sail into La Rochelle on my Amel after crossing The Atlantic.  And perhaps as a future meeting, a tour of the Amel ship building facility would be really interesting.  And thanks also to Bill and Tilo for putting this together.

Regards,
Dave
--
Dave Kurtz
SM2 #380

Detroit, Michigan

Tilo Peters

Thanks again Matt & Cindy for the tour, and thanks Bill for setting it all up!

I’ve processed the zoom video and added subtitles.

You can find it at https://youtu.be/PK2yf-Hzr58

Best,

Tilo

On 16May, 2020, at 23:41, David Kurtz via groups.io <Davidwkurtz@...> wrote:

Matt & Cindy, thank you for a great meeting.  I happen to think this is an excellent way to stay in touch with the Amel community (I'm a new member as well).  My goal one of these days is to sail into La Rochelle on my Amel after crossing The Atlantic.  And perhaps as a future meeting, a tour of the Amel ship building facility would be really interesting.  And thanks also to Bill and Tilo for putting this together.

Regards,
Dave
--
Dave Kurtz
SM2 #380
S/V Celtic Cross

Detroit, Michigan

Matt Salatino

Thanks! We had a blast. Of course, we thought of lots of other stuff worth demonstrating, AFTER the presentation ended!
Thanks for the opportunity, and it was a pleasure to play with you!

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On May 17, 2020, at 2:46 PM, Tilo Peters <tilo.peters@...> wrote:

[...]

Oh, and we went sailing on a beautiful day today!

On May 17, 2020, at 7:15 PM, Matthew Salatino <helmsmatt@...> wrote:

[...]

Oh, you asked me how tall I was, and the signal stopped working...
I’m a hair over 6’1”

[...]

Hi Matt,

Great that you got a good sail in today! Thanks for that. I’m also 6’1” and it’s good to have that frame of reference.

You did great and it was a super informative session. I hope to meet you and Cindy sometime one of these days—either in the Med or in my old stomping grounds of the Caribbean one of these days!

Cheers,

Tilo