Topics

Zoom meeting with Olivier Beaute

If you missed the meeting, try this link to play a recording of the meeting.
https://youtu.be/c26xpu51mMY

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

James Alton

Bill,

Thanks a lot for passing along the link I will definitely listen to the recording.  Thanks for all of your efforts to help Amel owners,  much appreciated.

James
SV Sueno
Maramu #220

If you missed the meeting, try this link to play a recording of the meeting.
https://youtu.be/c26xpu51mMY

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

Alexander Schenk

Many thanks, I unfortunately did miss it (but Oliver surveyed our boat so I probably got the lecture already live..)

Thanks for organizing these meetings.
Stay safe,
Alexander
SY Antinea
SM #231

On 17 Jan 2021, at 09:24, James Alton via groups.io <lokiyawl2@...> wrote:

Bill,

Thanks a lot for passing along the link I will definitely listen to the recording.  Thanks for all of your efforts to help Amel owners,  much appreciated.

James
SV Sueno
Maramu #220

If you missed the meeting, try this link to play a recording of the meeting.
https://youtu.be/c26xpu51mMY

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

Alain Blanchard

Thank you Bill

I missed the meeting. My boat was surveyed by Olivier last October but I pretty sure that I will learn again looking at the video

Regards Alain
SM 146 Koriolys / Gruissan (France)

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 17 janv. 2021 à 11:35, Alexander Schenk via groups.io <schenkschierloh@...> a écrit :

[...]

Billy Newport

Do you think using lithiums and lowering the weight down there from the factory agms to half impacts the boat stability? It seems like it would reduce ballast, no? When he mentioned using fewer than 12 batteries, I thought that's where he would go.

I think that Olivier's reply is much like a reply from other highly experienced people. Most people with many years of  experience have a small percentage of experience with Lithium and will offer advice based on their vast experience, which is what we should want from a highly experienced person. Additionally, almost all of us group all lithium solutions into one category. When the question was posed to Olivier, it was a "lithium" question, rather than a specific lithium battery type or chemistry. I really appreciate a highly experienced reply to a question.

Regarding the weight discussion, I will add that I believe as you add and use freshwater on your 55, you may redistribute weight more than changing your batteries from AGM to lithium. It could possibly be significant if you plan to compete in a race.

I also believe that the choice of changing to lithium is a choice that is made more on assuming certain risks than based on tried and true experience. History has many examples of risk-takers proving new technology, as well as risk-takers making fatal mistakes.

I will also add that I believe statically there is not enough data and experience to predict the safety and effectiveness of any lithium solution, therefore a lithium solution requires assuming certain risks.

I hope my non-answer makes some sense. I also hope that this does not turn into another 80 post debate as we have seen before on this subject.

On Sun, Jan 17, 2021, 7:33 AM Billy Newport <billy@...> wrote:
Do you think using lithiums and lowering the weight down there from the factory agms to half impacts the boat stability? It seems like it would reduce ballast, no? When he mentioned using fewer than 12 batteries, I thought that's where he would go.

Joerg Esdorn

Billy, I asked exactly that question of Amel and they told me that there is no impact for the 55.  Cheers Joerg

Joerg Esdorn
A55 #37 Kincsem
On the hard in Vigo, Spain

Marco Baldan

Dear Bill and Amel Yacht Owners Group,

Many thanks for giving me the possibility of listening to Olivier Zoom meeting, excellent informative event!
I am not yet an Amel Yacht Owner but interested in the Sharki model.
Will definitely contact Olivier for a survey, once identified good candidate units.

With my best regards,
marco baldan

If you missed the meeting, try this link to play a recording of the meeting.
https://youtu.be/c26xpu51mMY

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

Hallo Marco, i had a sharki before, now an sm #200, sharkis are Really nice for the mediterranean. I sold her, because i did not like the Perkins 4.108 Motor. Difficult to get spare parts (excerpt parts4engine), and an inch system for the screws, and very difficult to repair, because not much space in the motor room.

If you find one with a replaced Motor, under 60000, it will be a good solid bargain.

MfG
GOETZY, Happy with Amel SadoMaso #200

Holen Sie sich Outlook für Android

If you missed the meeting, try this link to play a recording of the meeting.
https://youtu.be/c26xpu51mMY

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

Here is a link to our YouTube channel which has all of our video meetings: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-ykjC22ewCUSqR34deZe0A

Here is a link to the meeting with Olivier: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c26xpu51mMY&t=1s
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School

[...]