Re: Mix of boats

Brent Cameron

That would be unusual.  I've been tracking them for quite a few years now and it is usually far more weighted towards  SM's but I notice there also seems to be an unusual amount of Mango's, Meltems, Maramu's and Santorin's on the market in comparison now too (although the total number of Amel boats for sale right now seems to be down quite a bit from previous years at this time).  There were something like 479 Super Maramu's made from 1989 to 2005 and I'm aware of 4 that were lost for one reason or another.  There were only 165 Amel 54's made (not aware of any lost) from 2005 to 2011 so there are almost 3 times more Super Maramu's than Amel 54's.  I had a quick look at yacht world and excluding the double counts (expensive boats often have multiple brokerages listing the same boat), I counted eleven Amel 54's and twenty one SM's so a bit more Amel 54's proportionally but not completely out of whack with what you'd expect (2.8:1 vs 2:1).   It's probably just a matter of timing for the owners and boat location.    Anyway, they are both great boats so you can't go wrong either way.

Join yachtforsale@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.