SM2K #243 KRISTY for sale #Amel_For_Sale

karkauai

Edited

Hi hopeful Amelians, Happy New Year.
Kent Robertson here, with Kristy (SM243). She is one of the first SM 2Ks.

I am 74 now and am finding it harder and harder to work on the inevitable things that break down. Now with the uncertainty of Covid regulations, I feel it is time to pass the helm on to someone else.

We are in the Bahamas/?Caribbean this Winter, and will be back to St Michaels MD in the Spring.  If she doesn't sell right away, I'll probably take her up to Maine this Summer.  If you would like to join us to get some feel for her sailing and living characteristics, we can probably make that happen any time this winter or spring.  Even an offshore passage depending on where we end up when it's time to go back N.  Are you seasoned sailors?  Do you have offshore experience?

I have just made the decision to sell, I will post a more formal list of her equipment and amenities as time and internet access permit.
I can send a copy of the Insurance survey that was done last Spring.

I am the 2nd owner, and purchased her 12 years ago.  Her sails are 12 years old, but still perform well, a little bagginess showing in the main, but still furls well. The primary Genoa is a 135%, and there is also a 110% Yankee cut genoa for winds averaging over 15-20 kts. There is a mizzen ballooner that has been rarely used, and a second headsail for downwind double headsail rig.

I repowered with a Yanmar 4JH4HTE 110HP in 2006. I had to replace the instrument panel a few years ago, and lost the original hour meter, but all told, the new engine has ~2500 hours.

The generator is a 6.5 KW Onan, original.

She has a 105A Magnum charger/Inverter and a 60 A Victron Skylla-i charger, a 75 A 24v alternator with external smart regulator, and 850W of solar in 3 pairs with three Victron solar charge controllers.  I just replaced the batteries with 440 AHr Rolls deep cycle AGMs.  She is also equipped with a 110-220 AC inverter for using US 110 shore power.

She has a galley fridge and two under seat fridge/freezer units that were replaced within the last few years.  All three Climma AC/heater units are original and working.  There is also an Espar diesel heater that works great in cold weather.

The Force 10 3-burner stove/oven is original.  It shows its 22 year age, but still works great.

The chipping original Amel decks were covered with PVC decking material last Spring. Pricey but looks great, cooler on the feet, and great non-skid.

All interior upholstery was redone 2 years ago.

The dinghy is an aluminum 9.5 AB RIB, about 4 years old, with a 15HP Yamaha 2-stroke about 8 years old.

I have many spares, most of the Amel-specific tools, and will leave a lot of my other tools aboard.

Let me know if you're interested.
Text or email best while we are out of the US, I can Skype call when we have a good enough signal.

Best of luck in your search.  What ever Amel you buy, you won't be disappointed.

Kent
karkauai@...
828-234-6819

Join yachtforsale@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.