Re: Amel Sharki Owners in the US #Amel_Wanted

Bill SF 360

Hi Anna,

This is Bill Reilly and I thought I'd just ask if you would be interested in my Amel. It is the grandaddy - a Meltem which my wife and I bought in France in 2000. At that time it needed a complete mechanical and electronics overhaul, but the interior woodwork was in terrific shape. I am 6'7" and the Meltem is the only Amel that meets my "vertical" requirements, although I did make a few modifications to provide a few extra inches where needed. I am an experienced woodworker and all changes would look original to anyone not familiar with Amel interiors. And full disclosure, the companionway to the owner's cabin still requires stooping for me although it may be over 6'.

She has been in the Mediterranean since we bought her. We accomplished a complete refit of all mechanical and electronics and outfitted the boat for cruising in 2000 and spent 3-4 months each summer cruising the Med. Each year we continued to make small improvements as we explored the coasts of Croatia, Greece, Turkey and Spain until 2010 when we drydocked for 5 years in France. in 2015 I did another major refit and started using it again for 2 months each summer. She has been high and dry for 8-10 months every year we've used her so the wear and tear these last 20 years has been mimimal.

I believe the Med is the best cruising ground in the world. This September we will only be 4-5 weeks noodling along the French Riviera and probably push up the Italian coast to see a bit more of it. My wife and I are both in our 70's and it's time to turn in the keys. That said, I still single handle this 52' lux cruiser as I have set all systems so I can handle her from the safety of the cockpit. It is, of course, nice to have my wife along to toss the lines.

We have listed her for €99,000 but will respond to any reasonable offer. Much of the equipment is virtualy new as since the 2015 refit she has only been used about 10 months total (The log is on board so I can't be more exact). She is ready to go as we intend to leave all towels, linens, kitchen tools, pots, cutlery, plates and glasses on board. They have been acquired, mostly in France, and are very high quality. If you think you might be able to stretch a little. let me know and I will send a complete inventory and description. I think a big advantage of this Amel is that the repair and replace budget for the next 5 years should be very modest if you care for her.

If you'd like to see her in person I'm currently seeing a lot of airline emails offering very attractive September fares to Europe.

Bill Reilly

Join yachtforsale@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.