Date   

POSTING RULES in YachtsForSale #Sold #Amel_For_Sale #Amel_Found #Amel_Wanted

 
Edited

(UPDATED) Starting today, each time anyone posts in YachtsForSale, the poster will be required to use a HashTag:
#Amel_For_Sale
#Sold
#Amel_Wanted
#Amel_Found 

To keep the messages fresh and up-to-date, we are asking the following:
If a member has sold his Amel, PLEASE GO TO THE TOPIC AND ADD  A SOLD HASHTAG
If a member has found his Amel, PLEASE GO TO THE TOPIC AND ADD A FOUND HASHTAG


Re: POSTING RULES in YachtsForSale #Sold #Amel_For_Sale #Amel_Found #Amel_Wanted

Keith Carter <keithcarter88@...>
 

I dunno Bill,  I tried to do as requested but the hashtag #sold did not seem to stick.  
Guma is sold and I am super-sad. People say that there are only 2 days when a boat-owner is happy, the day he buys and the day he sells.  Well, it's not true. 

I want to thank you once again for all the help you provided, not just to me but to a whole family of Amel owners over the years.  It was a treat to meet you and Judy in Malta and when you looked at Guma and said 'yes, she's a well-maintained Amel' I nearly burst with pride.

Kind regards

Keith


Re: POSTING RULES in YachtsForSale #Sold #Amel_For_Sale #Amel_Found #Amel_Wanted

 

Ok, thanks for that. 

I will delete the Guma posting.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970


On Sun, Jun 23, 2019, 2:58 PM Keith Carter <keithcarter88@...> wrote:
I dunno Bill,  I tried to do as requested but the hashtag #sold did not seem to stick.  
Guma is sold and I am super-sad. People say that there are only 2 days when a boat-owner is happy, the day he buys and the day he sells.  Well, it's not true. 

I want to thank you once again for all the help you provided, not just to me but to a whole family of Amel owners over the years.  It was a treat to meet you and Judy in Malta and when you looked at Guma and said 'yes, she's a well-maintained Amel' I nearly burst with pride.

Kind regards

Keith


Re: POSTING RULES in YachtsForSale #Sold #Amel_For_Sale #Amel_Found #Amel_Wanted

Peter Forbes
 

Bill,

Carango is still for sale - I’m not too good on hashtags and stuff - can you treat Carango as still for sale in La Rochelle - please?

Best wishes

Peter
Peter Forbes
The Old Rectory
Farnham
Blandford
Dorset
DT11 8DE




On 23 Jun 2019, at 19:58, yachtforsale+owner@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

(UPDATED) Starting today, each time anyone posts in YachtsForSale, the poster will be required to use a HashTag:
#Amel_For_Sale
#Sold
#Amel_Wanted
#Amel_Found 

To keep the messages fresh and up-to-date, we are asking the following:
If a member has sold his Amel, PLEASE GO TO THE TOPIC AND ADD  A SOLD HASHTAG
If a member has found his Amel, PLEASE GO TO THE TOPIC AND ADD A FOUND HASHTAG


Re: POSTING RULES in YachtsForSale #Sold #Amel_For_Sale #Amel_Found #Amel_Wanted

 

DONE

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970



On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 3:37 PM Peter Forbes <ppsforbes@...> wrote:
Bill,

Carango is still for sale - I’m not too good on hashtags and stuff - can you treat Carango as still for sale in La Rochelle - please?

Best wishes

Peter
Peter Forbes
The Old Rectory
Farnham
Blandford
Dorset
DT11 8DE




On 23 Jun 2019, at 19:58, yachtforsale+owner@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

(UPDATED) Starting today, each time anyone posts in YachtsForSale, the poster will be required to use a HashTag:
#Amel_For_Sale
#Sold
#Amel_Wanted
#Amel_Found 

To keep the messages fresh and up-to-date, we are asking the following:
If a member has sold his Amel, PLEASE GO TO THE TOPIC AND ADD  A SOLD HASHTAG
If a member has found his Amel, PLEASE GO TO THE TOPIC AND ADD A FOUND HASHTAG


Amel Sharki Owners in the US #Amel_Wanted

Anna Welscott <awelscott@...>
 

Hello all,
My husband and I are interested in possibly buying an Amel Sharki. Are there any Amel Sharki Owners in the US that would be willing to let my husband and I walk-thru it?  It seems the only Sharkis that are for sale currently are in Europe. Before we spend money traveling to Europe, we were hoping to see if the boat will meet our needs.
Thank you,
Anna


Re: Amel Sharki Owners in the US #Amel_Wanted

Warren Traill
 

Hi Anna. We have our Sharki for sale. It's neither in Europe nor US. It's in Malaysia in case you're interested.

On 22 Jul 2019 3:30 a.m., "Anna Welscott via Groups.Io" <awelscott=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello all,
My husband and I are interested in possibly buying an Amel Sharki. Are there any Amel Sharki Owners in the US that would be willing to let my husband and I walk-thru it?  It seems the only Sharkis that are for sale currently are in Europe. Before we spend money traveling to Europe, we were hoping to see if the boat will meet our needs.
Thank you,
Anna


Re: Amel Sharki Owners in the US #Amel_Wanted

Anna Welscott <awelscott@...>
 

Hello Warren,

We are willing to travel for the right boat! Can you answer some questions regarding headroom and length of berths? My husband is 6'2. Do you have a listing for your Sharki?
Thanks!
Anna


Re: Amel Sharki Owners in the US #Amel_Wanted

Warren Traill
 

Hi Anna. She is listed on yachthub. We have a son who is 6.2. He wishes we had a taller boat. The aft cabin is long enough for him and the head room is adequate for him in the saloon. But the hallway that leads to the aft cabin is his issue.

On 24 Jul 2019 1:39 a.m., "Anna Welscott via Groups.Io" <awelscott@...> wrote:
Hello Warren,

We are willing to travel for the right boat! Can you answer some questions regarding headroom and length of berths? My husband is 6'2. Do you have a listing for your Sharki?
Thanks!
Anna


Re: Amel Sharki Owners in the US #Amel_Wanted

Warren Traill
 

All Sharki share the same configuration.

On 24 Jul 2019 1:39 a.m., "Anna Welscott via Groups.Io" <awelscott@...> wrote:
Hello Warren,

We are willing to travel for the right boat! Can you answer some questions regarding headroom and length of berths? My husband is 6'2. Do you have a listing for your Sharki?
Thanks!
Anna


Re: Amel Sharki Owners in the US #Amel_Wanted

bill@...
 

Hi Anna,


This is Bill Reilly and I thought I'd just ask if you would be interested in my Amel. It is the grandaddy - a Meltem which my wife and I bought in France in 2000. At that time it needed a complete mechanical and electronics overhaul, but the interior woodwork was in terrific shape. I am 6'7" and the Meltem is the only Amel that meets my "vertical" requirements, although I did make a few modifications to provide a few extra inches where needed. I am an experienced woodworker and all changes would look original to anyone not familiar with Amel interiors. And full disclosure, the companionway to the owner's cabin still requires stooping for me although it may be over 6'.


She has been in the Mediterranean since we bought her. We accomplished a complete refit of all mechanical and electronics and outfitted the boat for cruising in 2000 and spent 3-4 months each summer cruising the Med. Each year we continued to make small improvements as we explored the coasts of Croatia, Greece, Turkey and Spain until 2010 when we drydocked for 5 years in France. in 2015 I did another major refit and started using it again for 2 months each summer. She has been high and dry for 8-10 months every year we've used her so the wear and tear these last 20 years has been mimimal.


I believe the Med is the best cruising ground in the world. This September we will only be 4-5 weeks noodling along the French Riviera and probably push up the Italian coast to see a bit more of it. My wife and I are both in our 70's and it's time to turn in the keys. That said, I still single handle this 52' lux cruiser as I have set all systems so I can handle her from the safety of the cockpit. It is, of course, nice to have my wife along to toss the lines.


We have listed her for €99,000 but will respond to any reasonable offer. Much of the equipment is virtualy new as since the 2015 refit she has only been used about 10 months total (The log is on board so I can't be more exact). She is ready to go as we intend to leave all towels, linens, kitchen tools, pots, cutlery, plates and glasses on board. They have been acquired, mostly in France, and are very high quality. If you think you might be able to stretch a little. let me know and I will send a complete inventory and description. I think a big advantage of this Amel is that the repair and replace budget for the next 5 years should be very modest if you care for her.


If you'd like to see her in person I'm currently seeing a lot of airline emails offering very attractive September fares to Europe.


Bill Reilly




> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: Re: [yachtforsale] Amel Sharki Owners in the US
> From: "Anna Welscott via Groups.Io" <awelscott@...>
> Date: Tue, July 23, 2019 10:39 am
> To: yachtforsale@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
>
>
> Hello Warren,
>
> We are willing to travel for the right boat! Can you answer some questions regarding headroom and length of berths? My husband is 6'2. Do you have a listing for your Sharki?
> Thanks!
> Anna
>
>


Re: Amel Sharki Owners in the US #Amel_Wanted

Aras Grinius <svfiasco@...>
 

On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 09:48 PM, Anna Welscott wrote:
Hello all,
My husband and I are interested in possibly buying an Amel Sharki. Are there any Amel Sharki Owners in the US that would be willing to let my husband and I walk-thru it?  It seems the only Sharkis that are for sale currently are in Europe. Before we spend money traveling to Europe, we were hoping to see if the boat will meet our needs.
Thank you,
Anna

 Anna, good morning.  I happen to own a Sharki (#163) in Annapolis MD.  If interested in seeing this I can be reached at svfiasco@...


Buying a Super Maramu 2000 #Amel_Wanted

Stefano Silvestri <stefano.silvestri.51@...>
 

Hello everybody, I'm interested on buying a second hand  Amel Super Maramu 2000. Any suggestions about weak points or parts I should look for in order too assess their state and conditions?
Thanks very much
Stef


Re: Buying a Super Maramu 2000 #Amel_Wanted

 

There are too many important things to list. 

The most common mistake is that a buyer searches for the lowest price Amel. I can assure you that in my experience of reviewing many Amels for buyers, the lowest priced Amel is the highest cost Amel to buy.

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School
 
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
   


Re: Buying a Super Maramu 2000 #Amel_Wanted

Stefano Silvestri <stefano.silvestri.51@...>
 

Thanks Bill I know this problem affecting 2nd hand boats and you are absolutely right but I was just asking the key points to look at


Re: Buying a Super Maramu 2000 #Amel_Wanted

 

Stefano,

I was not being rude. When I do I review of a used Amel, I look at 250 specific photos and about 150 owner written answers to my very direct questions. It is impossible to give you a few key things to look at because, in my opinion, all of the things I look at are important. I offer this Pre-Purchase Review to buyers of Amels. For more information, visit my website or email me directly.

There are some good SMs on the market, and there are some that will cost the new owner as much as the selling price to put the SM in good condition. By the way, there is one surveyor that I recommend in the world. He is Olivier Beaute <olivierbeaute"at"gmail.com>. You can absolutely depend that Olivier will perform a complete and accurate survey. However, if an owner wants to conceal a problem, the owner will sometimes fool any surveyor. This is the reason that I have developed specific "owner questions" as part of my Pre-Purchase Review. I believe that if the owner is going to conceal defects, that the buyer should have a written record of the deceit. I am sure that you agree. 

Good luck on your search.   

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School
Address: 720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550 
   


On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 10:41 AM Stefano Silvestri <stefano.silvestri.51@...> wrote:
Thanks Bill I know this problem affecting 2nd hand boats and you are absolutely right but I was just asking the key points to look at


Looking for Maramu or Santorin #Amel_Wanted

Paul Villinski
 

Hello All -- 
We are in pursuit of a very good or excellent Santorin or a 1985 or later Maramu 46' with electric furling, on the East Coast of the US or the Caribbean. I am aware of the current listings on Yachtworld and Sailboatlistings.com but am posting here on the off chance that an owner of one of these boats may be interested in selling. We are hoping to do an Atlantic circle journey in 2022 and would like to buy now to prepare the boat and ourselves in advance. Any leads will be much appreciated!
Paul Villinski
New York City
917-837-6193


AMEL MARAMU years 1985 - 1989/90 #Amel_Wanted

yossi_kl
 


I would like to buy AMEL MARAMU years 1985 - 1989/90,
That is in very good maintained ,equipped and upgraded for long trip.
without damages and/or weather hazard.
I will consider any recommendation from you to Amel Santorin ( After year 1994).
Hope all of you will help me to find the right one :-)



Re: AMEL MARAMU years 1985 - 1989/90 #Amel_Wanted

bill@...
 

I would urge you to consider my Amel for sale even though it is slightly outside your stated parameters. We are selling our 1975 Meltem after 20 years of ownership and upgrades. I have been on Santorins and Maramus owned by sailing friends and consider a Meltem in good condition a far superior vessel. Our Meltem, RODE TRIP, is in Bristol condition and mechanically has 20-30 years of future life. It is on the hard in southern France this winter.

The equipment list is extensive and I would be happy to send it along with photos. The asking price is €92,000. If you are interested I also urge you to contact the broker, Michel Charpentier who is the resident expert in Mediterranean France regarding used Amels. Google him in St Raphael.

bill reilly



From: yachtforsale@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <yachtforsale@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of yossi_kl via Groups.Io <yossi_kl@...>
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2020 8:19 AM
To: yachtforsale@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <yachtforsale@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: [yachtforsale] AMEL MARAMU years 1985 - 1989/90 #Amel_Wanted
 

I would like to buy AMEL MARAMU years 1985 - 1989/90,
That is in very good maintained ,equipped and upgraded for long trip.
without damages and/or weather hazard.
I will consider any recommendation from you to Amel Santorin ( After year 1994).
Hope all of you will help me to find the right one :-)



Re: AMEL MARAMU years 1985 - 1989/90 #Amel_Wanted

yossi_kl
 

Thank you for your email, 
I am limited with the beam size of 4.0 meter  ( about 13.1 feet)
So thank you 
And all the best
Yossi

נשלח מה-iPhone שלי

‫ב-20 בינו׳ 2020, בשעה 19:01, ‏‏Bill SF 360 ‏<bill@...> כתב/ה:‬


I would urge you to consider my Amel for sale even though it is slightly outside your stated parameters. We are selling our 1975 Meltem after 20 years of ownership and upgrades. I have been on Santorins and Maramus owned by sailing friends and consider a Meltem in good condition a far superior vessel. Our Meltem, RODE TRIP, is in Bristol condition and mechanically has 20-30 years of future life. It is on the hard in southern France this winter.

The equipment list is extensive and I would be happy to send it along with photos. The asking price is €92,000. If you are interested I also urge you to contact the broker, Michel Charpentier who is the resident expert in Mediterranean France regarding used Amels. Google him in St Raphael.

bill reilly

<RT:2016 min.jpeg>


From: yachtforsale@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <yachtforsale@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of yossi_kl via Groups.Io <yossi_kl@...>
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2020 8:19 AM
To: yachtforsale@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <yachtforsale@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: [yachtforsale] AMEL MARAMU years 1985 - 1989/90 #Amel_Wanted
 

I would like to buy AMEL MARAMU years 1985 - 1989/90,
That is in very good maintained ,equipped and upgraded for long trip.
without damages and/or weather hazard.
I will consider any recommendation from you to Amel Santorin ( After year 1994).
Hope all of you will help me to find the right one :-)


1 - 20 of 77