Topics

Buying a Super Maramu 2000 #Amel_Wanted

Stefano Silvestri <stefano.silvestri.51@...>

Hello everybody, I'm interested on buying a second hand  Amel Super Maramu 2000. Any suggestions about weak points or parts I should look for in order too assess their state and conditions?
Thanks very much
Stef

There are too many important things to list.

The most common mistake is that a buyer searches for the lowest price Amel. I can assure you that in my experience of reviewing many Amels for buyers, the lowest priced Amel is the highest cost Amel to buy.

--
CW Bill Rouse Amel Yacht Owners School

Stefano Silvestri <stefano.silvestri.51@...>

Thanks Bill I know this problem affecting 2nd hand boats and you are absolutely right but I was just asking the key points to look at

Stefano,

I was not being rude. When I do I review of a used Amel, I look at 250 specific photos and about 150 owner written answers to my very direct questions. It is impossible to give you a few key things to look at because, in my opinion, all of the things I look at are important. I offer this Pre-Purchase Review to buyers of Amels. For more information, visit my website or email me directly.

There are some good SMs on the market, and there are some that will cost the new owner as much as the selling price to put the SM in good condition. By the way, there is one surveyor that I recommend in the world. He is Olivier Beaute <olivierbeaute"at"gmail.com>. You can absolutely depend that Olivier will perform a complete and accurate survey. However, if an owner wants to conceal a problem, the owner will sometimes fool any surveyor. This is the reason that I have developed specific "owner questions" as part of my Pre-Purchase Review. I believe that if the owner is going to conceal defects, that the buyer should have a written record of the deceit. I am sure that you agree.

Good luck on your search.

--

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 10:41 AM Stefano Silvestri <stefano.silvestri.51@...> wrote:
Thanks Bill I know this problem affecting 2nd hand boats and you are absolutely right but I was just asking the key points to look at

Jon A <jonagner52@...>

Are you providing the list of questions to ask, or advertising your services to provide/ask those questions for a price?  I'm a bit daft sometimes, so please indulge me.  Can you/have you posted this list of questions for Amel enthusiasts to read?  If so, a link please.

No I have not posted those questions.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St